Action Tiger builds sailboat. With epoxy!

Action Tiger

Them's the pushin' sticks. The second photo is the pushin' stick for your right hand - I can tell by the direction of the curve.  The first photo is probably a mistake cause that one will just slice through the water when ya push it.  It's sposed to be curved the opposite direction to the curve in the other one cause your left hand is on the other side of the boat.  Now that I look at it you'll probably have to cut the wide part off and re-glue it onto the other end cause it's on the wrong end for a left-handed pushin' stick, too.

I guess ya better get back to carvin :)

And on a serious note - That's a good looking oar!

Thanks, Ken. You make me laugh.

Here's the next step. A little slimming and shaping.

These are an experiment I'm trying because I've made several paddles the same way, and they all worked well. We shall see what we shall see.

Now, where did I put that wood eraser?

Peace,

Robert 

IMG_2009.JPG

IMG_2010.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dang, thanks Don.

I have been busy, busy, busy. Whew!

Daughter is softball mania right now, and I've had loads of real work to do, which is nice, but annoying. :)

But, I've been picking away at the oars. They are SUPER close. I keep weighing and scraping and fussing.

The spar material is picked through, marked, and ready to cut and scarf.

Most importantly, we are 92% ready for The Flip. Some more trailer mods (just putting boat supports in the right place) and we are ready for the permanent flip. It will be all muscles. She's still pretty light.

Peace,

Robert

• 4 weeks later...

Don,

Maybe. Maybe maybe. :)

I hurt my foot pretty badly, which set everything in my life even further back this year. I'm just calling 2017 do over. Geez, it's more than half over, anyhow.

Just now, I'm trying to get this dang boat done and wet. Every time I turn around lately it's some other new thing. Just now it's the trailer mods and fitting. Baby steps.

Of course, is also been super busy this year with actual work and such, which is awesome.

I may be able to swing a trip out to the Mess, but I'm still 50/50, best odds. However, next year already has some East Cost time in the budget, and all y'all are on the list, for sure! The whole reason, really, is wood boat friends. :)

Peace,

Robert 

• 2 months later...

Well.

She is on her trailer. Look at the cute little oars...

How tough is water based porch and floor? She slipped during flipping and fell about six inches onto the sawhorse. No big.

The little ding looked much worse before I wiped the dirt off. The missing paint was all attached to the epoxy fill coat that chipped, and the paint all around he chip is well adhered, still.

Peace,

Robert 

B7431515-5A43-48E8-A1C7-FC06551C9280.jpeg

5AD3ACC3-27F2-489B-9E39-0F38B86D14D2.jpeg

D0B2314E-57F4-4C0A-8789-697E9E2C97E7.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

The decks are on, and the inside of the cabin area is painted one coat on the floor area.

The modified cockpit is being installed. I’m opting for a bridge deck/side benches/ stern sheets arrangement with a sealed footwell. Not self draining, but an ENORMOUS reduction in the amount of water she can ship and hold in the cockpit, and an ENORMOUS increase in sealed bouyancy.

Plus, I like to think of all that junk that CAN’T be stuffed into those “sealed”spaces. I write ”sealed” because there will be water proof ports I can remove when in storage or not in use to allow air to circulate in those areas.

I plan to put a small battery and some water tankage (jugs) under the bridge deck area, to keep them out from underfoot, dry, and down where the weight will help.

A little fold up “table” either side the main companion and some nets will round out the interior fit out. Well, the portaloo will get strapped down as a companion step/seat.

A little more woodwork, some more glassing, some painting, and I’m done!

Peace,

Robert

• Like 1

Well, hurry and get "Fool-boat" done! Job???? You need a source of cash that ya don't have to actually work for! Oh, well. So, ya comin' East to see us "Suthners"? Gonna haul the Breeze home wif ya? I got such-a-deal for ya! Don't know what the deal is yet. We'll work it out. I can't afford any more projects 'til I sell something, and the Breeze is the only thing that could go. Hey, when ya find that cash-supply-that-ya-don't-work-for, share it with me.

Even if ya don't take the breeze, come-on down anyway. We'll all have a great visit.