Action Tiger builds sailboat. With epoxy!

Action Tiger

Here is the thing to hold the thing on the side. This is the upper thing, and it gets glued and through bolted to the rail. The quality of this ply is atrocious, so I HAVE to glass this bit.

This nasty luaun “marine” ply is really gross stuff. Splintery as all get out!

Anyway. Once this cold snap passes, I can get some glass on the last few spots, and this boat will be done save a little paint!

Peace,

Robert

6B792DAB-CC7B-4477-BB47-ACAAEFADC992.jpeg

36 grit? I think I've got a hacksaw blade that's that coarse! :) Actually, if you turn a hacksaw blade over and use the flat edge it might be a good enough cabinet scraper to get that paint off.

the boat is still looking good and I'm having a nice time following along.  Thanks!

Haha. I actually started with a scraper, cause I figured it would b easier. Wrong! That stuff is stuck down, and tough.

Maybe the single part polyurethane porch and floor ain’t so,different from the single part polyurethane boat stuff, eh? :)

I am so close to actually sailing this dumb thing finally, and we get a cold snap. 33 ain’t epoxy weather, and my garop is uninsulated and unheated. No glue, no paint, no epoxy...

It is sad, because I made all the part, so I can’t even futz away the time, anymore... Ah well, come first overnight low of 50 and it’s glass on! A few choose pieces to stick, then paint...

Peace,

Robert 

m002712751_sc7?$splssku$

$20 WalMart . . .

1,500 watts and can heat a single car garage to 75 degrees in freezing weather, assuming some modest insulation or a reasonably tight space (air leaks). I have several of these and can get 130 - 140 degrees under and insulated tarp (tarp with blankets tossed on top), which will post cure epoxy very quickly.

At 1,500 watts, you'll need separate electrical circuits (for each one), if running them full blast for a while or it'll just pop breakers if on the same branch circuit.

Yar. Butcept my garop is about 30’ square, uninsulated, and drafty as all get out. 

Oh, and the electrical plug thing. Yeah, not so much.

And, did I mention drafty? There must be 4,000 vents in the soffits.

But it’s all mine! Well. Except for the shelves I built lining two walls to store all the that need storing. :)

Besides, this is California. It’ll be overnights of 50 next week. Hehe.

Peace,

Robert 

In 50 degree weather these little puppies will easily bring interior temperatures into the 80's, even with lots of drafts. Before I sealed and insulated the barn (now air conditioned!) I found that clear thin plastic painter'as drop cloth stuff worked very well at sealing up areas within the barn, so the heaters could really get some heat on. A 1,500 watt heater will run on an extension cord, though it's amp draw will rise a little if much over 50' long. I've run them on a 12 gauge 100' cord with no issues.