An other OC20 build !!

Lotus

Thanks Chris.

Is one coat enough , and are you referring to this ( photos ) when saying 1808, because in Europe we use grams per meters  instead of oz per yards, and the only biaxial cloth I found is 600 grams per square meter . 

Someone told me to convert oz/yard to grams/meter you have to multiply by 33.9. Therefore 10 oz cloth is equal to 339 grams cloth ?!?

post-4121-0-43847000-1481545749_thumb.jpg

post-4121-0-05738300-1481545920_thumb.jpg

The auxiliary motor is just for safety and peace of mind . We have no rivers or closed waters here. We use our boats in open sea, and if you're fishing 12 to 24 miles away from land and something happens to the motor, that may cost your life !

Remember that Malta is in the center of the Mediterranean . An island measuring  17 miles by 9 miles and an area of just 122 sq miles surrounded with deep blue sea . Our neighbor land is Sicily , approximately  60 miles North to Malta ! 

post-4121-0-05649100-1481698988_thumb.png

Thanks so much!

That is really very lovely.

The worst part of the forum is trying to get the "whole picture ", you know? It's hard to get a good view of boats in just one view, if you know what I mean?

I wish I could crawl all over them and see it all.:)

Thanks again.

Lovely, lovely work. And dangerous photography work! That right foot is right on the edge! :)

Peace,

Robert

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Chris. progress is very slow here ! Been glassing the inner hull and preparing some frame work for the sole . I've decided to raise it about 1.5" for better self draining  . This will also compliment with the higher freeboard .

Also January was very cold this year , so not the ideal temperatures to cure epoxy !

BTW that 256 is awesome !!! Very well done !!!

20161224_202130.jpg

20170203_181956.jpg

20170203_182059.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bottom all glassed . Lets start designing the deck / cabin / console ( all in one ;) )

Any ideas will be highly appreciated  :):)

Trying to upload photos but the system is telling me   '' There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200 ''    :(

The photo is just 1.1MB much less than the max total size of 16MB !!

Any help for this issue ??