Panda FREE Antivirus for Personal Use (affiliate link)
Blkskmr

Core Sound 17 Mkiii hull 6: Avocet

106 posts in this topic

Funny hats are always preferable to skin cancer! You are making great headway there, thanks for the clip.

On 4/3/2017 at 10:18 PM, Blkskmr said:

I agree and thus the hat... Nothing like having a doctor go at you like you are a brazilian roast. 

On 4/3/2017 at 10:18 PM, Blkskmr said:

Chick.. that is scarry.  There really should be Skin Cancer  Regattas   like the Leukemia Cup etc...     I know more sailors who have had skin issues.   The problem is most of the damage was done decades ago.  We need to make sure the kids  coming up take care. 

Mine came from growing up in St. Pete., Fla. As kids, we'd head off to the beach on the first warm spring day and get a good sunburn, then hide at home 'til it peeled. Then we'd do it all over again. By now, we had enough tan to last through summer. Every summer day in a boat or at the beach. No Sun tan lotion. Sunlight is healthy. Tan looks good. No time to smear messy goo on.

Then, 40 years later, a soccer ball size melanoma tumor! Major surgery, but God encapsulated the tumor so it didn't spread. Docs said "a miracle". Wanted me to go to Duke University to find out why I'm still alive. God had things left for me to do for Him. 

1 person likes this