Core Sound 17 for sale

Kevin Nicolin

I'm new to the forum, but have owned a Core Sound 17 since 2009.  She was built by Charlie Jones in 2006...great boat...a real quality build by Charlie...I'm her second owner.  Completed 3 Texas 200's in her...one single handed.  My sailing goals have changed so I'm putting her up for sale.  She's in really excellent condition.  If you know of anyone who might be interested in a beautiful, fast, stable, and easy to sail craft, send them my way.  Kevin NIcolin

post-5536-0-87458700-1455905890_thumb.jpg

Wow John, it's been a while.  I spent more than a few minutes going back to your Lapwing build thread last winter.  I hope you are still sailing in some form these days.

Dave, great hearing from you.

Yes, but we're currently chartering others' boats these days.  We plan to retire in a couple of years and will buy a boat and start doing some more serious cruising up/down the Atlantic ICW.  Can't wait!

My Lapwing project was a labor of love and gave me many wonderful memories.  Fair winds to you and yours.

Interesting to hear your response.  I went in exactly the opposite direction, from a cruising boat I was not using enough to justify to a daysailor I don't feel I have to justify because I can leave it in the shed for $0.  We do seem to come to the same conclusion about building a Lapwing.  I can't imagine there to be any other explanation for it.  It's good to hear you have a plan for sailing in retirement.  My grandson gave me a t-shirt for Christmas.  It reads:  "I have a retirement plan, I plan on sailing"  I get the feeling that this sentiment is held by more than you and me.  Fair winds to you as well John.