CS20mk3#10

Lochland

Hi

Thought it would be better to go ahead and start my build in a new thread. My name is Greg and I live in Colorado but wander around the Country a lot. I like sailing and always wanted to build a boat. I just lucked out in discovering this design thanks to the internet. I'm setting goals for getting it done by next August and have always wanted to go to the Port Townsend Boat Festival. The goal is to make me work it hard I hope but stuff does come up so we will see. My initial buy of plywood from Edensaw may be delayed a bit. I'm building from templates. I hope to have something going on in the next month. 

Greg

Since your Edensaw order is delayed and you seem to be setting yourself a tight time schedule, I would recommend cancelling the order and spending the bucks to buy the kit.  Graham's kits save a lot of time and also make it much easier to build the boat.  I have built a CS 17 (no kit) and the Marissia as a kit.  I would highly recommend the kit.  Just my opinion.

dale

Sorry for not being clear, I am holding off a little to free up some funds for the project. I checked in with Edensaw but haven't ordered yet, I also have a little problem with handling a delivery of 300+ lbs. I like the idea of building from the templates. The build for me is part of the fun. I was preparing to build another boat from scratch with lofting. This template, stitch and glue process looks great. Thanks for the advice though.

Greg

if it helps any, the truck driver who delivered my crate had a dolly and brought it back to my garage.  also, it was probably less than an hour's work take the cover off the crate and take all the pieces inside the garage and up the stairs to the garage attic to the work area.  so the crate was at full weight for really only a few min, and the driver handled that.