UPDATED * I am now a SEALS dealer

Kudzu

Finally got approved and I am officially a Seals Dealer.  They are well know for their spray skirts and I hope to be about to add one of their skirts to the store.  They also have some other interesting products in their catalog, as money allows I will be adding some of them too.

Great!  I found a Seals cockpit cover on Amazon but the sizing info only listed its' fit on specific 'factory' boats. When I contacted Seals about fitting my SOF cockpit I got no help. Seems that they didn't know the actual size of the cover, only which boats it would fit. 

It'll be good to have a source that 'understands' our needs. 

Seals has sooo many different styles of spray skirts! I am thinking about stocking a nylon skirt. I want a good neoprene skirt for myself, but then you run into having to stock different tunnel sizes. 'I think" i can special order one once they get a pattern for my boats.Got to get some more info from them.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I needed to go ahead and get a paddle and a spray skirt today, and I haven't seen anymore updates on the Kudzucraft store about Seal spray skirts, so I went to REI and got a Seals one from them.  It turned out that a Seals size 2.2 'Sneak' works on my Curlew with plywood coaming.  The fit seems nice and snug, but I haven't skinned my boat yet, so I can't provide any feedback on the water tightness of it.

-MucketyMuck

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Working with Seals and seems that my cockpits are not a standard size. I still think and off the shelf nylon skirt would fit but they are obviously not happy with the fit of any of them.  So we are looking at custom made skirts.  Now I could  use you input.

Most important to me are cockpit covers. They keep the bugs and spider out! Mine hand in the garage and the darn wasps want to build in them. 

• Basic nylon covers would be $29 +/-
  • Cockpit seal I believe it is waterproof  *  $35 +/-
  • Neoprene cockpit cover would be over $50 - (no plans to stock those)

Spray skirts

• Plain Nylon Splash deck , not a skirt  - $38 +/-
  • Nicer Nylon spray skirt with suspenders - MSPR is $69
  • Nicer Nylon spray skirt with suspenders- MSRP is $89

Really need input as to what you would interested in. No commitments to buy here!  Just trying to get a feel so I don't end up with a bunch on the shelf I can't sell.

SE-SplashDeck.jpgSplash deck. Woud not have netting.

adventurer_detail.jpgBasic spray skirt

71x26OagGBL._SX355_.jpgBetter spray skirt

I use my (harmony mini) spray deck all the time,I can push mine forward arround the outside of the cockpit ring and get in and out of the kayak in deep water to swim......

The sneak skirt is a good choice versital. ....

http://www.sealsskirts.com/prod_detect.php?i=5

I can just barely get a Seals basic skirt in their size '1.7' to stretch onto my Ravenswood with the plywood coaming.  Haven't really tried paddling with it so I don't know if would just pop off with movement.  It's a very tight fit so I can understand why they wouldn't be happy with them that way.

I'm interested mostly in the splash deck to start.  Looking at the Seals web site it looks like the basic model will fit a wide range of sizes from '1.2' to '4.2' so it must be very adjustable.  I haven't physically seen one so is this your understanding of their fit?  Would a custom size of this be necessary?  In any case I would think you could move a few of these.

I have accumulated a good variety of splash decks and spray skirts. What I need most is a cockpit cover that is suitable (secure) for cartopping in the rain. When I contacted Seals they did not respond when I gave them the dimensions of my cockpit. 

I can just barely get a Seals basic skirt in their size '1.7' to stretch onto my Ravenswood with the plywood coaming. 

That is good info! They originally said a 1.7 should fit but once I sent them a drawing they said it would have to be custom size and that explains it.  I bet a 1.7 would work on a laminated coaming since they are roughly an inch or bit more shorter than the plywood.

I'm interested mostly in the splash deck to start.  Looking at the Seals web site it looks like the basic model will fit a wide range of sizes from '1.2' to '4.2' so it must be very adjustable.

No, I would assume it meant there was one available of each size because I have to order custom fit.

I have accumulated a good variety of splash decks and spray skirts. What I need most is a cockpit cover that is suitable (secure) for cartopping in the rain. When I contacted Seals they did not respond when I gave them the dimensions of my cockpit. 

Me too.  I several boats that hand in the garage and mainly go the shows so they  seldom come down and wasp and mud daubers want to build in them.  So I need covers and I need watertight versions when traveling. I am pretty sure that I will stock both versions since there is a cost difference.

Anyone interested in pre-ordering a skirt, spray deck or cockpit cover? 

Woodman, I know what you want and working on that.

I am working up an order and thought I would ask. Still working on details with them on sizing. As for pricing, it would be a little under what I quoted above, not a lot cheaper though. If you are like woodman and want a specific model I can order it all at once.

If any is interested I will go ahead and add these to the store and offer pre-orders on them.

I wrote to the Seals people with the measurements for the laminated coaming on my new Vardo and they wrote back that I needed a 2.2 size . I bought a "Sneak" and it is a very snug fit but worked on the dry run (launch is scheduled for the end of the week...weather permitting)

• Like 1