Core Sound 20 For Sale

David Hughes

I'm selling my 2008 Core Sound 20-MK1. I bought this used from Doug Cameron 2 seasons ago and after sailing for 2 seasons I/we have determined it is not the right boat for the family at this time. Although very fast and capable boat, it is a little too lively for the family. Currently the boat only has its main mast and sail for I was dismasted two weeks ago due to a corrosion in the base of the mizzen mast. You can read about in this in the B&B forum, just search for CS20 Dismasted. Oddly enough, the dismasting had no bearing on the decision to sell. The main mast has no corrosion for I was constructed slightly differently. I am currently sourcing out the needed materials for a new mast and will ether sell as is or build a mast over the winter. Asking price is $6,500 or BRO. The boat is located in Portland, Maine.

Now about the boat:

Again, this is Doug Cameron's Core Sound MK1 that he built and sailed several times in the Everglades Challenge. Hull No. 85. Doug replaced the boat with the MK-3 version.

Boat Statistics:

• 20 foot planning cat ketch sprit rigged centerboard sail boat, MK-1 version
  • 8" draft with board up, 3' 9" with board down
  • 6' 3" beam
  • approximately 550 lbs displacement

Includes

• Full Batten mainsail with extra high roach,extra stiff battens, 2 reefs, and slides
  • Mizzen staysail @ 155 sq ft of sail area
  • Shawn and Tenney 10" oars
  • Canvas Dodger
  • Custom galvanized trailer  with 14-inch wheels,barring buddies, tongue jack, and spare
  • Honda 2hp 4-stroke long shaft outboard
  • Reinforced transom for the motor

Doug actually posted a video tour of the boat on you tube : www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_77Cx0P1E

You can either PM me here or call me at 207-553-0039.

• 2 months later...