stern sheeting alternative?

Dnjost

So far, I have been very impressed with the CS17 layout as designed.  The only issues I have encountered with the rig has been of my own doing by attaching the motor to small well on the port side of the transom (small cut out in deck). In this configuration, the mizzen sheet is getting fouled on the motor when it is in the up position.  I love the cam cleats and double ended sheets, but can live without the clam cleats I used for the main.  

Current thinking is to try attaching the mizzen sheet on double blocks off the tiller end and seeing if moving the sheet end in a foot on the mizzen boom will help prevent snags.  Alternatively, I could end it on the mast as others have done.  I am leaning towards the flying scot solution.  

Anyone with further thoughts?  

I use a short traveller (14" either side of midship) and the sheet as Paul describes above.  I have no outboard to foul on, but I bet something similar would help.  I use a double ended mainsheet with both swivel block/cam cleats either side of the mizzen.  This puts both of my sheets right in front of me on both tacks.  I sail with the main sheet laying across my thigh.

while waiting for more hardware to change things around, I experimented with this set up (adapted from the Flying Scot website).  It is a length of shock cord tied from the sprit to a galvanized ring.  If it works in practice I will switch to a stainless ring.  So far, so good. post-2815-0-33505800-1441502772_thumb.jpgpost-2815-0-59832000-1441502765_thumb.jpgpost-2815-0-03876600-1441502768_thumb.jpg

post-2815-0-36269400-1441502769_thumb.jpg

post-2815-0-84478400-1441502770_thumb.jpg

Out in Pleasant Bay today with the wind ranging from a zephyr to 18 kts.  The ring on the bungee did the trick.  We were jibing and tacking at will with no hangups on any of the stern appendages.  My crew and I saw no adverse effects from the mizzen sheet going through the ring attached to the bungee.  

Will still move the sheet to the front edge of the center thwart during the off season.