Messabout

Doug Cameron

How many MK III will be in attendance? We are painting the deck this week and then our CS20.3 will be within a week or so of completion. I look like the RCA dog when UPS shows up!

We had the centerboard pinned when the boat was inverted, just had to see if it fits. I suspect it will be a catfight under the boat getting the pin through the board!

Plan to bring a CS15 and maybe an Amanda if we get it finished.  Rick

10/17 Now have to pass this year.  Our Church Emergency Response Team has been called to South Carolina as things still a dangerous mess there in many places. 

Adjusted sked a bit so will be coming with the CS15 but just for Saturday as have to leave Sunday.  R

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is interested in staying at the Lazy River Cottages in Oriental, Cottage #1 just became available.  I just cancelled my reservation.  The cost was $128.10/night with tax.  Looks like a nice place.

I recently decided that it was not cool to build my boat to a deadline.  I am retired, and no longer need that stress.  So, we'll be pulling our travel trailer down, instead.  See you there!

Don Silsbe's easy going approach is an inspiration! My new [retired] routine is 2 or 3 hours of boatbuilding in the am, then lunch and a Mediterranean siesta,.. After that, (if I feel like it), an hour or so more. I already feel the relief of abandoning a self imposed deadline and don't feel guilty for taking time off for the mess-about. Sooo ...

Annie and I are presently planning to attend the mess-about. "Chessie" (my Cs20.3 #4) is not ready yet, but I will bring (from Virginia) my CLC PocketShip "Tattoo," which is FOR SALE. One or two attendees (from Florida and NC) have shown an interest in purchasing her. If either don't make a deal, maybe showing her off will generate some interest. We're looking forward to some fun sailing and comparing notes with other builders.

Pete McCrary

Good decision Don - Now you'll get to sail on other people's boats :)

............... oops

PAR, It took me a little while but I think I understand your comment.  I've been to three of these gatherings and I always brought my own boat.  As a result I was taking people out on the water instead of going out on other people's boats.  Both activities are good fun but going out on other people's boats offers more variety. :)

Don, I hope that's the way you took my comment.