Wallops Island Canoe * plans avaiable

Kudzu

wallops12-2.png

Just released the plans for a new Canoe.  The Wallops Island 12.  This was designed specifically for the Classes I teach at Wallops Island.  The canoe class never got off the ground so I decided to offer the plans for the 12' version.  While I am not a canoe person I had a 12' white water canoe in my shop replacing the gunwales on it.  The more I looked at it the more I like the idea of of a short one person canoe.

Great idea, Jeff! For years I would pull a Mohawk Pack Canoe (instead of a Poly kayak) off the rack about half the time just because it was so light and easy to carry to the creek. Stability was marginal until I learned to sit on the bottom; with me on the bottom it handled some pretty rough water.

Dan