Non-stock plans

Farmboy

This is kinda my starting point. This is a Mirage 32 center pilothouse. Thinking the pilothouse could be around the size of a full size crew cab truck cab( like my Chevy 2500hd for example)

No frills fishing boat for the northern gulf out to say 60 miles offshore on a day with excellent weather and calm seas (rare but does happen). Cruising speeds from 16-30 a high top end wot is not important.

Boat could also see winter time duty on local lake doing eagle watching tours and stripper(striper?) yes I know one is a fish and the other is........not.

Twin engine. Large live well.

Length 28-32???

Beam ????? Less than 10' would be nice for trailering.

This is my starting point.

Thanks to all.

post-4249-0-97032800-1433909298_thumb.jpg

Farmboy,

The closest design that I have done to your request was a 28 foot workboat. She was to have a pair of bunks and a head forward with headroom. A pilothouse with galley and as much deck aft as I could fit. The hull should be simple to build with each panel to be developed so that they could wrap around the hull in one piece.

She was built, and turned out to be a very good boat. She had a Mercruiser Bravo 2 inboard outboard with a Chevy 350 and could reach 30 mph wide open.

post-127-0-72483600-1434299253_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That's sounds like something I need to look at further Graham! Please share more specs, pics, etc at your convenience. Would it also be suitable for outboard installation as I have an I/O right now and I just can't mentally get over the big hole in the transom. I would def be interested in ordering this set of plans.

Thanks so much for your valuable time!

Eric aka Farmboy