Susan G is now Lil Sox

Rikk

Hello, this Rikk Stocking and I am the guy who bought the Susan G.  As with many things in re B&B I owe it all to Carla B.  I purchased the blue prints for the P22 from Carla.  Then I said I would not commit to a build without a sail on one.  She said no problem Tony Day is a great guy and he will do it.  I called Tony and the sail ended up with my purchase of his boat after a sail during the Marine Mart in Washington, NC.  

That sail answered all my questions.  It was blowing 15-20 with higher gusts.  Susan G simply powered through it all.  Awesome.
I feel blessed to have met Tony and have the opportunity to become the new owner of Susan G.  The name Lil Sox is a form of homage to my Dad.  In his twenties he purchased an old 29' gaff ketch which was named Sox.  

Just a few more details and I will finish up.  I am retired, now resident in Salisbury, NC.  I live near High Rock lake which will be home waters.  Presently I also own an old elver design canoe yawl.  She has been an experience.  I got her used in Iowa!  Been working on her off and on for 4 years.  Now am trying to finish her refit full throttle. She will be up for sale soon. 

I have had many questions, but I have felt I was out of my league when I read the forum and saw pictures of the work you guys do.  Presently I am piecing out dry rot from the bottom.  Tired of it!  Question: how do you get epoxy off of plastic eye glasses?

Tony brought the boat to me and supervised her maiden sail on High Rock.  It was a testimonial to the P22.  Tony & I mostly yakked on & on while Maggie, my girl friend sailed her down wind.  Thing is it was her second time in a sailboat -first time at the helm.  What a gal and what a boat!  Hope to send photos if I can figure how to do it.

Again, Tony, thank you for the honor of taking over your masterpiece.

Rikk:

Congratulations on being able to take over stewardship of such a fine boat. Tony also took me for a ride on her and it was that ride that convinced me to start a P26 of my own. I hope to do as well as Tony did. Great guy and he built a great boat. You got lucky!

Welcome to the group, Rick.I have good friends that live on High Rock Lake, Chocolate and Caron Myres. They are often on the lake on their pontoon boat. I'm not so far away in Hendersonville, NC. I'm currently building a CS-17 Mk-3 and will include High Rock in my cruising plans. Maybe we cam meet up for a cruise.

I know that you'll enjoy Lil Sox. She's a great boat.

Finest Kind! I will surely miss the boat myself while seeing the enjoyment that it brought to Tony. He was so well received at all of the boat shows with all the ladies and the kids too, allowing them to climb all over her. He did a mighty fine job on it no matter how modest he appears to be.  Enjoy and I have already heard about the fine job that you did on your initial trip sailing her and the rig for the first time. But I know that Tony did not have much to say on the trip though. :P