Curlew - Bow fabric trimming

Traisrus

Does anyone have a suggestion on the best way to finish of the bow on my Curlew.

Should one trim off the fabric close to the stitch, or should one trim back the fabric leaving an inch of martial, and then roll back the fabric and finish it off using a whip lash stitch?

The bow is currently sown using a back stitch.

post-4880-0-14656800-1432744251_thumb.jpg

post-4880-0-81927600-1432744251_thumb.jpg

If you just cut it off, it would be hard to seal the seam. Trimming it and whip stitching would be a better option.

I see a double corded stitch on the top.  If it were me, I would remove the bow stitching and staple the fabric in place, one side at time, second one overapping the first.  Trim it really close and then put a rub strip over the end with some sealer under it.  That is what I have been doing, using the bronze rub strip for my rub strip.  But you can use wood or some other durable material as the rub strip.

1091.jpg