New Core Sound 17 for sale

LennieG

Lennie,

I'm building hull #372. I have not made many posts but I do look forward to reading the days comments when I get home from work. I have followed your build and have to say I will really miss your input unless of course you decide to build another of Grahams designs.

I don't aspire to be a great craftsman.  When I'm in the shop building my "Sandy Dancer" I see myself on the tiller and often stop building and pretend to be sailing. Yes, I have sailed a lot and love it.  This is my 3rd boat, not because I love the build but because I I want to build the best small boat to sail the North Carolina sounds.  I don't know how you feel about model boats, I tried them and they were not for me, probably because I couldn't sail them, but you may like them.  I recommend that you pick up a copy of the "Dory Model Book" by Dynamite Payson.  This is real boat building on a small scale.  I have build a 12 ft Dory designed by Reuel Parker and Payson's Dory models are true to form with lots of accurate detail. They will put the skill you have already learned, to the test.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic