Curlew FROG Photos

Dav3xor

Been lurking around here for a while, I figure it's time to post a couple photos

I bought materials from Jeff a while back, 8oz polyester, footrests, etc.  I'm farther along than the photos, I'll post a few more later.  This has been a great project, I love the design.

2R77EPo.jpg

ea5tSdh.jpg

• Like 1

That cat disapproves of just about everything.  Except disproportionately large rodents.

Here's more pictures.  I'd ask questions, but the book and the internet usually yield answers before I have to ask.  

9Nl0rBV.jpg

RRNGOBC.jpg

9m6xJtM.jpg

UDeI3dc.jpg

wAxcoNU.jpg

And here it is with the fabric shrunk...

The bow is a little goofy because the fabric magically moved aft somehow as I was stapling it.  :)  I am going to cover that up with a similarly shaped trim piece.  I have some 1/8" mahogany ply that should work well.

i08SUeX.jpg

Looking good Dave, I'm especially impressed by the way you mounted the footrests. I used the same type and wanted to use timber support brackets but couldn't work out how to do it without it being too bulky. Ended up with stainless brackets.

Do you have any detail photos of how you connected the brackets to the stringers? I can't make out how it's done.

Anyhow, it looks very elegant, well done.

Looking good Dave, I'm especially impressed by the way you mounted the footrests. I used the same type and wanted to use timber support brackets but couldn't work out how to do it without it being too bulky. Ended up with stainless brackets.

Do you have any detail photos of how you connected the brackets to the stringers? I can't make out how it's done.

Anyhow, it looks very elegant, well done.

Oh, hmmm, I tried to respond to your post, but it didn't take for some reason.

The secret to the brackets is 1/8" mahogany plywood, it's thin but still strong enough.  You can buy it through Aircraft Spruce, who happen to have an antipodean distributor -- http://www.aircraftspruce.com.au/Wood.asp.  

Here's what they look like from the other side:

Uizvtwv.jpg

• 3 weeks later...