Summer Breeze - Core Sound 17, Mk-3

Chick Ludwig

"Chick, 

Very nice to see you this weekend. I hope you were able to get a cruise in.  The weather got chilly Saturday night but Sunday was lovely.     I appreciate your allowing Michele and I to take a good long look at your boat.  We are back to work on the boat.    I need to order some parts but  we really need to get this complete. 

We won't have the concours finish of your boat but I think it will float and sail. 

Best Regards and travel safe.

Blkskmr, "concours finish"??? Thanks, but y'all musta left your glasses to home! Anyway, It was good to see you again. I'm looking forward to seeing your boat at this years Appalachian messabout. Maybe we can do a short cruise "down-the-lake" together before heading to our respective homes.

I'll have a short "picture tour" from my short "mini-cruise" when i get caught up here at home.

• 1 month later...

Hey, y'all. Looks like I forgot to post a picture of summer breeze after (almost) completion. This was taken at out Southern Applalachian Messabout.

post-1823-0-34931600-1480722412_thumb.jpg

Since then, I've done a couple of little things more. I'll try to get some pictures soon.

In case you missed it, here is a little tale about our B&B Messabout Mini-cruise.

http://messing-about.com/forums/topic/10076-2016-b-and-b-meaasabout-mini-cruise/

• 6 months later...

This is definitely a boat worth buying.  It is an ideal boat for solo cruising, which y'all have been luring me into.  But my Bay River Skiff perfectly suits my needs.  (A daysailer for 1-4, a fishing skiff, and an occasional camp cruiser.)  I'm gonna have to pass.  I know I'll regret it in three years, but I'm not there today.  Good luck, Chick!

I've been aboard Summer Breeze and agree w PAR and others that it's a great boat, and what's more, the build is really well documented. I'd buy it in a heart beat if I weren't already building a  CS mk3 myself. I hope, Chick, you're just making room for the next build, and not selling for health reasons.

Fred

Hi Fred, i enjoyed sailing with you.

Kinda a long and convoluted story---not health. Just don't much like these inland lakes. No salt and all the cool stuff related. And can't afford the trips back to REAL water. I've had more enjoyment out of Turtler than anything. Still deciding what's next, but definitely something. Got the disease---or addiction---whatever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

This will (probably) be the final entry in this build thread. Summer Breeze now has a new Master and Commander. I delivered her to Dale Niemann at a half way point meeting place in Savannah, GA. Dale brought along his good buddy, Ron Hoddinott. They are from my old home town area of St. Petersburg. It was a great time sharing stories of people, places, and things from there. I gotta say it was a pretty emotional experience turning her over to Dale, but I know she'll have a great home, and many wonderful adventures. Tampa Bay and the Gulf coast are awesome cruising waters. I'm a bit jealous!

Turning her over. I look happy, Dale IS happy.

image.png.c4fbd4efd9fd8cf7b0cc6a02c3077f74.png

A bit emotional. Bawling my eyes out!

image.png.1a75adae2d0a156df131639b86e052a2.png

So, now on to other boat building adventures. I have several projects in mind. Gotta build!!! I'm thinking of a micro power cruiser just big enough to sleep one. Lotsa interesting mountain lakes to explore here in the Appalachians. Y'all will be the first to know when I start. It will be when thing warm up a bit here. See ya!

image.png

• Like 1