Show cart

Kudzu

Gearing up for the some shows this spring and I wanted a cart that could carry at least 2 boats at a time. It had to lightweight, store flat and easy to load two boats on. There was nothing commercial that suited my requirements. Besides it is good advertising wheeling the boats around on something you made. Here is what I came up with.

Sitting the yard with two boats on it. I have walked it around the yard, over the parking lot at the Church and it worked perfect once I moved the boats so they are almost centered. having centered made it easy to carry from either end. I found pushing like a wheelbarrow to be easiest since you can see what the boats are.

IXXAvq5l.jpg

Iahs2tBl.jpg

One of my big requirements was it has to stand up empty. This makes it much easier to load two boats if you don't have to fight with the cart.

T6HcXZil.jpg

Then when I am done with it, it needed to break down into a small package. I can put this in a box and put it on a shelf along with the other stand I designed till I need it again. No screws or small pieces to loose either! Just need a small mallet to tap it apart.

2CLoNaIl.jpg

I am totally happy with it. All that is left is sanding it and applying some sort of finish to it. Not sure what that will be yet but I will probably use stain and poly so the wood shows.