Todays launching

Kudzu

Finally launched the redesigned Short Shot today. It am several weeks behind due to sinus infection that wouldn't die and bad weather. This was built for my wife but the water is to cold for her to paddle so I took it out while she took photos. She is going to love this boat!

I will reserve judgement till I spend some time in it, but so far I was very impressed. Waiting on it;s faults to show though.

co4UZnXl.jpg

WboAe75l.jpg

6TcxHbdl.jpg

L4dg51hl.jpg

• 1 month later...

Short shot was built for your wife, Can you point to some guidance on what makes a kayak better for someone smaller (wife, kids, etc). I would think length but do not want to compromise cruising speed. Would short shot be good for paddlers between 80-180lbs?

First, with a really light person you need a boat that will actually sink low enough into the water so the hull will behave as it was designed to do. If it float to high, it will not track and can be a bear to paddle.

Second, you wear a kayak, not sit in it.  Putting a kid in a VARDO would be like asking them to drive a car. They can't reach the gas, brake and see where they are going.

As for kids, you would be looking at shorter boats. But for a adult I think length is less of an issue as long as you have at least a 13' of waterline which is going to be a 14-15 foot long boat.