Malwarebytes Endpoint Security
Advanced endpoint protection (affiliate link).
meester

CS15 with a lug yawl rig

86 posts in this topic

Any updates Bob? More pictures please. Sounds like a cool project. My S11 wears a strange looking Green and Brown tarp loose footed spritsail. I gave it a go for various reasons and it's been fun so far! I just bought a couple of real sailing blocks for it and doubled the cost of the entire rig - mast, sail, cordage included.

Matt

Here's an update -

After trying out several schemes for coamings, I settled on this simple version, just enough to deflect drips off of the deck.  I came up with that strange-looking cleat after thinking about ways to support the mast for trailering and as a guide for getting the mast in the fiberglass tube/step.  I think I need to make it a little taller so that the mast won't have a chance of rubbing against the tip of the bow while trailering.

Bob

post-4524-0-93820900-1476664420_thumb.jpgpost-4524-0-75839600-1476664446_thumb.jpg

An update on my CS 15 build.

After a long winter, primer and sanding, I got a couple coats of paint done on the interior this weekend.  The floor is still just epoxy - I'm waiting for my walnut shells.  I'm going to leave the bulkhead and hatch door bright just to show off that it is a wooden boat.   The square hole in the transom is for the bumkin 

Bob

20170416_195700.jpg.47c5f29ff3284cfd297e85d6951424ec.jpg

Meester-- I was re-reading your thread, and I realize now that I was a little harsh on the subject of balanced lug yawl rigs.  I'm sorry.  I had a bad experience with a balanced lug once-- not enough downhaul available, in a blow, and she wouldn't come about.  It put me off the rig.  I understand that they're the hot thing now.  But I still have nightmares about that day.  Still, I should have used a little restraint in my response.  Just make sure you have enough downhaul! Your boat is shaping up nicely.  I do love those coamings!