Ocracoke 24, Lucky#13

Adios

Sapele toe rails and out the door!

We still have lots to do. Hardware, engine and electronics are all here and ready to go. There are a lot of small details, including all of the hardware cutouts to do before painting begins. I hope that I only have a 2 to 3 months to go. For those interested, I will keep posting.

Thanks

IMG_4860.jpg

IMG_4921.jpg

IMG_5210.jpg

IMG_5233.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Final fairing and awlgrip primer outside, ready for topcoat. We just finished final fairing inside and primer will go on as soon as the weather is right. Im finally getting close to having a boat and look forward to rigging and the big splash.

IMG_5537.jpg

IMG_5538.jpg

IMG_5539.jpg

IMG_5540.jpg

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

A quick update for anyone interested. The paint job is done! Most hardware and wiring is finished. I'll take her for an outboard motor this weekend and then a test float will follow.

This has been a much longer project than originally anticipated but also very fun and rewarding.

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0297 (1).jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for the comments. I'm not sure about the weight but will wait until after the engine is on to adjust the trailer.

The engine goes on this week and , weather permitting<,a test float this weekend.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Test Launch yesterday.  I was nervous about the waterline because of the changes made along the way and because of the tendency for novices to overbuild. I floats nicely about 2" below the waterline with a 25% fuel load.  The engine proved too high and we had  too much prop pitch (20) , so we are making some adjustments.

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

• Like 1