Can't make up my freaking mind....

Ekapi

....well, sorta  :rolleyes:

I joined this forum with the idea of building myself a lightweight canoe for fishing and short camping/ hunting trips. I've built several traditional style Greenland boats over the last 16 years or so. Great boats...they demand that you work on developing your paddling and rolling/recovery skills but are not real useful for more than an overnight trip with minimalist gear. However, the more I ponder the question the more I want to get back in a kayak. I am thinking of either the Long Shot or the Firefly, and leaning towards the Firefly just because of the extra Cool Factor of the "baidarka" styling. Either boat should carry enough gear for me to camp in reasonable comfort for 2 or 3 nights, and be relaxing enough to fish from. If I do want to boat in to some of the hunting spots I have in mind, I still have my 14' pirogue.

I am heading to Idaho tomorrow, and will order up the plans and cloth when I return in a couple weeks.