11.7 oz fabric is a keeper

Kudzu

9 months ago I took a big risk for my small business and bought three rolls of 11.5 oz polyester fabric. It was a big investment and risk for a new unproven fabric. Investing a few thousand and most of your cash is sort of scarey!

Today, I just ordered 3 more rolls. This fabric, despite the price, has become very popular. It has proven to be a very durable fabric and take paint very well. I am sold on this and it is my first choice for most boats. So, thank you to all those that have bought it! I have been watching the sales of this fabric closely and it has been very well accepted. I will be keeping this one in the store for sure!

Thanks Jeff, once the frame is together and I feel more confident in how much I need, I will be ordering it (hopefully next week).  Last night I scarfed all the pieces together so tonight is sanding, routing and oiling of the frames and stringers.

One suggestion for the web-site/store: 

Add a table or Bill of Materials list for each boat design being offered.  It would help give people a better idea of what they will need, total cost, amount of fabric to buy, etc. 

Maybe even put together a "kit" in the store that allows the buyer to pick a boat design, add options like the needles, sinew, thread, foot/back-rests, plans, correct amount of fabric, etc.

Good ideas. I have been wanting to work on the BOM for a while but being one man shop I am sure you imagine it's sometimes hard to find the time. But that is on my list to do, maybe over the winter when it slows down.

I have toyed with the idea of adding "complete" kits to the store too but there are so many varaibles it's hard to do and a lot of work to keep it up. But I do see patterns of items that are ordered together and I have been thinking about bundeling some more items together.