Tangerine questions

Ekapi

I am considering building the Tangerine. I've built several traditional SOF Greenland kayaks, and while alot of fun, they aren't so useful for my needs. I need a light boat that I can fish and camp out of...there are some lakes in my area where access to excellent hunting is by boat and I'd like to use it for that as well. I need the volume to carry gear and game, and I'd like to also use it as an occasional double paddler boat. Has anyone completed one? How mannerly is it with a single paddler and no load?  Also, approximately how much ply do I need to complete framing?

Thanks in advance.

I can answer that you will need 1 sheet of plywood. Assuming you are using 4x8 you should have leftovers.  If you you Baltic Birch (5x5 sheets) you should just be able to get all the frames from it.

As for handing, I am not a canoe person so I would much prefer you hear it from someone that has built one. But I have not sold a lot of plans honestly so finding an owner will not be easy.

Thanks Jeff. I suspect it will still be pretty handy for a single paddler owing to its very light weight. Do I read the specs right that max displacement is 400 lbs?  Overall boat weight is in the neighborhood of what, 35 to 40 lbs. depending upon materials and build? Yes, I do plan on using a quality ply. I can get 5x5 sheets of BB locally for 32 bucks a sheet which isn't too bad a price. Alternatively, I have a goodly pile of odd sized 6mm Okoume 1088 in my shop which I can double laminate with epoxy to make framing.