'Maple', my Stonefly is on the water.

lisian

My Stonefly is now on water and I couldn't be happier :) This is my first boat build and I love the design of this canoe. 

I did end up in the cold water today, I took it to our local harbour and a little wave got me as I was getting in, but that couldn't dampen the smile on my face, and my daughter loved going out in it with me.

(Sorry I got a bit snap happy)

Lisa.

IMG_8525.jpg

IMG_8540.jpg

IMG_8600.jpg

IMG_8581.jpg

IMG_8568.jpg

IMG_8559.jpg

IMG_8643.jpg

IMG_8651-1.jpg

IMG_8535.jpg

What a beautiful boat :) congrats! Did you take the pictures of the boat (except where you're sitting in it...)? Makes a perfect triple (boat, sky/beach/harbour, picture). Could have been pictures out of a travel magazine. Especially the "female" touch of the build process motivates/encourages me for finishing my "Curlew" the next weeks. Following the forum for weeks, that's what I missed here ;)

HenrikeM, yup I took them while my husband walked along holding the fishing line :)

P Douglas, she is a cutie but I maybe bias, I am a bit nervous about taking my 4 year old son in it on the weekend, not sure how I am going to get him to sit still.

Jeff, here are some photo's for Facebook, a friend just enhanced them for me :)

IMG_8521mod.jpg

IMG_8540.jpg

• 2 months later...