Stonefly lofting and general questions.

MichiganCur

Well I re-read the book yesterday and I practiced some lofting of the 2ft frame on some posterboard I have laying around. My question on lofting is looking at the example and the book and pictures other have posted, the stringers seem to stand proud of the frame. On my practice lofting I left mine flush with the frames, though I haven't rounded them out yet. I am using measurements from the book of 1x5/8ths for the keel and first stringer. Then 5/8th inch square for the 2nd and 3rd. And finally 1.5x5/8ths for the gunwale and inwale.

What size rub strips are people using around the top sides?

How much wood should I plan for the floor?

I have found a friend not too far from me who has a good wood source. So I'd like to sure that I order enough and not have to go back a dozen times as its still a good trip to his place and back

Thanks for the help

-mike