Where should I buy Paddles

GaryMinor

I like the paddle with the darts because they look like darts. The combo of the shoulder, shaft, and triangle make the lams look like gig darts. I am an artist, though, so take that with a grain of salt.

The straight lams look like strip canoes to me.

I totally understand the difficulty of that glue up, too, though.

Perhaps your pattern will become your signature?

The tips must stay, contrasting colors if possible. Beauty and function.

They are ALL very nice looking paddles.

I would choose light with dark tips, or the crazy dart paddle.

Went back and looked again before I posted. Perhaps if you just made a thin, untapered lam of yc, right on the edge of the loom, straight through the blade? Maybe it's the stripes carrying onto the loom?

90% of the result for 10% of the work? Maybe.

Thanks for your assessment Action Tiger.  It was the "dart" that I liked about my accidental pattern too.  This paddle has a lot more shaping to do, but I thought people might like to see and maybe comment about this design.  I am trying to capture the "dart" and yet not make the glue up as tedious as my other paddle

post-442-0-26692300-1400333768_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

, I built just a basic Greenland paddle from a single cedar 2x4 ($6.21) and it was really quite easy and fun to make.

Wow, in Australia it cost me $50 AU which is over $50 US, for a 7 foot piece of 2 x 4 Western Red Cedar!!!

Hirilonde, they are some nice paddles :)

, I built just a basic Greenland paddle from a single cedar 2x4 ($6.21) and it was really quite easy and fun to make.

Wow, in Australia it cost me $50 AU which is over $50 US, for a 7 foot piece of 2 x 4 Western Red Cedar!!!

Hirilonde, they are some nice paddles :)

All of the US isn't that cheap! I think for me it is around $20-25 dollars and then you can't find a good clear board. Of course, like you, they have to be shipped in. It doesn't grow here  and shipping  runs up the price quickly. I am not the least bit surprised at $50 Down Under.