Core Sound 15 kit

Designer

Alan has been working up the Core Sound 15 kit. Here is his video of assembling the first one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPjfXCXAxwE&index=2&list=PLCCJRycps-_mbO-Lfdr0s8OZX-4QOZCzL

It should be instructional for anyone folding one of our boats and will bring back a few memories for those that have already built one.

Posted Image

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alan:

Good job on the videos. I've heard it said that a picture is worth a 1,000 words, and videos worth 1,000 pictures. Very helpful.

BTW, in a couple places you mention the "special B & B mix".........your epoxy thickener.  Is there a recipe for that?

• Like 1

Started on the centerboard.

www.sailnaway.blogspot.com

"B and B special blend" thickener mix is essentially cabosil and very very fine wood powder. Much finer than regular sawdust. We use it where the wood and fillet will remain visible and not be painted. Cabosil is otherwise white which looks a bit ugly. The wood powder also gives the filler a creamier texture. Graham offers his filler mix along with his epoxy.

I've posted parts 9 and 10. Part 11 should be up sometime tonight. I've linked them below and also they are up on my blog.

Part 9:  

Part 10:  

Herb, I just saw your question...

The kit files for the CS 15 are being created as I build but I have almost cut out every single plywood part so it is getting close. There are still a bunch of notches and pencil lines to add in and some tweaking here and there. Aside from that I think the kit for the 15 could be made available now. That is to say, I think you could get your name in the que of boats to be cut out at B and B. I would give Graham a call this week if you want to order one. 

-Alan 

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply, Alan. I was just curious about the kit. At this point, I have a couple of other projects ahead of a boat so it would be a late winter, early spring project at the soonest. Besides, I'm still not even sure which to build the CS 15, CS 17 or possibly the Lapwing (I know it's more difficult but that is a beautiful boat). I will definitely give Graham a call when I am closer to build time.

Anyhow, thanks again for the quick response and for the build videos.

-Herb