Just Checking In

Joel

Wow, another year gone by. My youngest son and his friends have started using the Spindrift 12 that was built a few years ago. It sat, never splashed, as my knees started hurting and we needed a good engine. Got one last year. The boys do not sail it, but go to small lakes and fish. No pics yet, sad to say. Meanwhile, my knees are better and my diet is working. I expect to build another boat, perhaps a Core Sound or a Princess Sharpie, in a year or so.

Good to see your post Greg and glad to hear you're doing better too. You're not dead yet, so of course you're going to build another. It's an inescapable illness with no real cure, you're afflicted with, so acceptance is the first step. At least this is what my BBA (Boat Builders Anonymous) session keeps repeating.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Greg and Oyster. Same comments from me. Haven't seen either of you in awhile. Me? still alive and kicking.  Spent three months sailing to Florida and back this spring.  Been sailing sort of weekly

Here's a vid of one day-reefed jib and single reefed main

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Joel,

Wow, another year gone by.

I came very close to building a Weekender, bought the plan set, then decided I wanted something bigger. I am planning to build a Princess Sharpie 26 if I can swing the resources and funding.

If I am not being too nosy, why haven't your been sailing your Weekender?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Greg, Good to hear from you.  The Weekender is still sitting on the side of the garage. My wife had some health issues last year and it kind of threw us off the track for a while. Things are good right now and I hope to get out next season. The only problem with the boat right now is the motor. (Honda 2hp) I need to rebuild the carb again, it gets gunked up more than any motor I ever owned.

joel

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...