MSC Class kayaks

Kudzu

Just got  home last night from one of the most educational weeks of my life! I spent the week teaching a class to build kayaks. The students were part of the Road Scholar program. We started building Monday Morning and we finished up the boats Saturday with the launching on Sunday. 

Teaching 7 people is a lot different than building a boat yourself!! There are so many thing you take for granted that you have to teach others to do. Methods I used that I don't give a second though to are totally new to the students. Most problems that cropped up were not the ones I expected either. So I walked away with an education too!

I didn't get to take that many photos and the internet service is very spotty too, so I just didn't get to post much on Facebook. But the Marine Science Consortium posted quite a few while I was driving home. I still have to go though mine but here is the link to MSC photos of the class.

Good job Professor Horton! :D  Looks like a batch of happy boat builders - and the boats turned out well too.

I found out many years ago that one of the best ways to improve your own knowledge of a subject was to teach it to someone else. Seems like it still works.