First SOF - Stonefly

Wgarbato

Lashing complete. I must say, I was not exactly looking forward to this process, but I ended up really enjoying it

It is during lashing that all previous work gets really show-cased and you start to see the shape take form.  These types of operations are always fun, even when they aren't.

Stonefly is a beautiful build...http://www.flickr.com/photos/mo_kayaks/sets/72157632283358888/   

But watch it... this boat can get quite heavy...

By the way like your nice big shop.. I used to have mine in the basement of our previous house of 18 yrs... now in a pole barn insulated with straw bales in the country...

When I started the lashing process on my first skin boats my mind was wondering about what other things could be constructed this way.... I still think a furniture piece would be interesting...

• 4 weeks later...

I used linseed oil.  I think that is what was recommended.  I was glad because I love the smell of it as well as tung oil.  Love it so much I put linseed oil on all the handles of my shovels, rakes, etc., at least once a year.

Your canoe is looking real good.  Decided on a color yet?