Panda AntiVirus for SMB and solo-preneurs (affiliate link)
Paul356

CS 17

152 posts in this topic

Thanks, guys.  Greendane, the trailer is a Karavan.  I see there is a dealer in Tacoma.  Let me know if you're looking for more info.  This was the lightest model.

2 people like this

Sanding gussets and such one final time before interior coats go on.  I need to clearcoat some raw edges, screw holes, the bailer opening, etc., too.  Is there really such a thing as "sanding one final time"?

sun apr 23.jpg

I also use a Karavan for my CS17,  I have the long tongue, that is very helpful Launching, retrieving, and backing up! 

16 hours ago, Paul356 said:

Is there really such a thing as "sanding one final time"?

I dunno, I always give up before reaching the hypothetical final sanding.

A guy in Good Old Boat wrote recently that there's never a final coat of varnish, only the most recent coat waiting for a sanding before the final coat.  I'm with him.

At last, cockpit paint and varnish are done (for now), as is deck varnish.  Motor-mount brackets are installed and bracket adjusted so outboard will fold up and stay put.  Keel half-rounds are installed.  Now it's finally time for the fun stuff, like installing the centerboard and all the hardware and rigging for sailing.  My aforementioned drop-dead, do-or-die, swear-on-a-dead-cat May 20 launch date was tied to a family event which has since been postponed, but I'm not far off.  It feels great to be done with the cockpit paint.  Don't look too close or you might see a few runs in paint/varnish. ;) 

5.15a.gif

5.15b.gif

5.15c.jpg

Paul-

she is looking great! Good luck w the launch!

She's beautiful!  And there are always runs.  Just don't point them out to others, like I do.