Boatwright Washington NC Area for Small Woodboat Repair?

ricknriver

Have a friend needing some minor repair and major refinishing on a 15' 1957 Carolina wood OB boat built Lumberton NC that they'd like to save for great grandson of original family member. Bottom to WL well glassed and ok. Rest part painted part bright. Needs some bow deck and gunnel wood repaired/replaced and all pwashed/sanded/refinished. References toward a capable and reliable local boatwright appreciated.  Many thanks, Rick

Tarbaby is up that way. He is involved in building I think an Ocracoke at this moment. Depending on the time frame that he is on, he may or may not be able to help you. Send me a pm if you wish and I can send you his number or maybe pass along another lead or two.

New to the forum.

My first boatbuilding job in 1970 was employed building 150 Lapstreak powerboats a year in Ohio and after 35 years boatbuilding in Florida before moving to Little Washington I have some experience with wood boats that need work.

We are just one block off Rte 17 and 1/2 block from Rte. 264.

706 Hackney Ave. Brick building, no sign, yellow crane in the back.

www.Compmillennia.com