Spindrift 10N Halyard and Downhaul

mjshp

Fitting the final details before epoxy, prime and painting S10N #993. WooHooo!  But as usual I have a few questions.

How did you secure the working end of the halyard? A cleat on the foreword bulkhead?

The plans show a cam cleat on the mast above the collar for the downhaul.  How did you attach the cleat to the mast? I glassed on the gooseneck so the mast section can nest in one another. I'd love to know how you solved these problems.

Thanks.

Hi There,

Have you already got your mast and sail? If not, buy a second hand Laser mast and a new sail from isails for $185 and it is a piece of cake. I have a spindrift 12 cat rig and it goes great. The downhaul is attached to the base of the mast up through the eyelet in the bottom of the sail and then pulled down to the cam cleat which is riveted to the mast. Anyone out there that is building a Spindrift of any size should look at this option.

• 1 month later...

Hi Brian,

I bought the standard size sail which is 76sq ft for my son's Spindrift 12 and it sails like a dream. I picked up a second hand Laser mast and boom for $200. I will be sailing this weekend hopefully and I will take some photos and post them for you to have a look at. The quality of the sail is great, and you can't beat the price that's for sure.

For the Spindrift 10 you may want to order the radial sail which is 62sq ft and only $185 here in Australia.

Alex.