Obligatory FROG photos

Echo Valley

I've not posted much during my build process, but I sure have referenced this forum a bunch as well as the Kudzu site for answers and such. So according to article 37, paragraph 3 I'm attaching the required FROG photos of my Curlew build.  Wood used is western red cedar & Russian Baltic birch.

Thanks,

Scott

post-2885-0-73169900-1365987871_thumb.jpg

post-2885-0-84968700-1365987873_thumb.jpg

post-2885-0-75945300-1365987875_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I agree with Dave, it's nice to see that someone reads the rules and that is probably why you are doing such a great job on your build.  I think somewhere along the way you skipped article 36 also at the top of page 3.... reference: "post lots of pictures of your build as you progress."  Maybe you can do better in the future..... :blink:  :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks all for the kind words.  My wife chose the red & black paint combo.  I'm more of a drab green, drab grey, drab whatever kind of guy, but she suggested something brighter.  Still have some details to take care of in the coming weeks before it hits the water but there will be pictures. 

Hopefully, by mid summer I'll have my Redfish Spring Run wood stripper finally completed.  It's been shrink wrapped in the basement since November waiting for the weather to be consistently warm so that I can glass it up etc. That's why I wanted to go ahead and build a SOF, so that come summer we could have two on the water. 

I always wanted a stripper, only one thing stands in my way, well two, I hate working with fiberglass/epoxy and I hate sanding it.  I've been to the Redfish Company and a West Coast Wooden Kayak Rendezvous at Port Townsend, WA.  It was great. Some of the kayaks are real pieces of art.  May have to go again someday and pack my softie over there.  It has wood in it.  Would really love to go to the Wooden Boat Festival they have every year.