Unfortunately the forum software doesn't let me bump up my old build log. So here is the old link: Curley build log.
To sum it up, I have built the frame, tied everything up except the floor boards. I built the mold for the coaming. Then summer came along and life got busy. Now that I have a bit more free time, I am starting the kayak project again.
First layer I don't think I got enough glue in the first joint, since the glue didn't overflow like it did on the second layer. You can see the butt joint with the 2nd layer on this second picture. So far I haven't had to use a heat gun to bend it, just enough clamps.