Sail Oklahoma is just around the corner!

John Turpin

Yes it's after Labor Day, but don't put your boat up quite yet. The first weekend of October will see a pretty big gathering of small sailboats on Lake Eufaula, a huge lake in Easter Oklahoma. This is the second annual Sail Okalhoma Boating Festival and it will be held from Oct 4 - Oct 8. Last year, there were at least 4 B&B boats in attendance. Graham attended last year and can attest to how much fun the event is.

Sure, there's lots of boating and eating and music, but it's a great venue for instruction and skill sessions too. This year, we have an international cadre of boat designers that will be in attendance, including David Nichols, Jim Michalak and Mik Storer. Also, Howard Rice will be in attendance and will be leading a sailing skills program. This event is so packed with activities that I can't list it all here, but going here will give you plenty to read:

http://groups.yahoo....p/SailOklahoma/

Travis will be there with his Princess and I'll be there with my Two-Paw 8. We'd love to see some other B&B boats there. If anyone has any questions or would like more info on the event, send me a message and we can chat. Also, I've attached a .pdf of the schedule of events.

I hope to see you there.

John

Two-Paw 8, "Maid of Pligh"

Guthrie, OK (very near the B&B Capitol of the World)

Sail OK Schedule 2012.pdf

I just want to add my two cents worth. I was luck enough to attend Sail OK last year and it is about the best messabout I have seen. Jackie puts in an incredible effort to put it on and if you can make it you will not be disappointed. I hope that my committments will be over by next year so that I can be there.