how to reuse plans if we glue them onto the plywood?

pakalolo

I have read that we can reuse our plans if we pay a fee (I think it is $24 or $25), but how can we reuse the plans if we glue them onto the marine plywood.

Two ways around this are to have an architect scan the plans and reprint them before cutting them out and then being honest to Kudzu and paying the fee.

Or I guess one could just trace the patterns onto the plywood?

Otherwise it is $74 to get reprints of the plans (even though the book can be reused)

What have others done?

Thanks

(I'm all for paying the multiple use fee -- just wondering what some options people have used to "reuse" the plans)

Patterns work, but a couple of considerations are rather important. The first is that you need to cut them out very carefully. Every discrepancy in the pattern will be repeated over and again. Another is that in tracing the pattern what you end up with is not the same as the original. You now have to cut on the other side of the line or your frames get bigger and your notches for the stringers get smaller. And as your pencil gets duller the line move further from the pattern and/or gets fatter. I made patterns of my Ravenswood templates and will pay the 2nd boat fee for any after that. I did it more for the time savings than the $50.

I was waiting to see what others said because I don't have to deal with it, I just grade a set of plans. But I would think a template made from the plans would be good idea too. I have made patters for other things and if I always use the pattern they turn out the same (or very close).

Another way it cut two at one time. Stack the wood and cut them both. Much quicker.