Launching "Lark"

chas

After 8 plus months, Lark had her first official sail in Pamlico Sound.

The hull is the Selway-Fisher Chincoteage Skiff. I didn't like the gaff rig that is specified in the plans--It just didn't seem right. I really liked the look of the ketch rig of the Bessie Lee chincoteague skiff, but a custom made set of sails wasn't in the budget.

After some drawing and calculating, I thought the Coresound 17 rig would fit well, and fit my budget! Happily, I was correct!

I haven't posted before this, but lurked in several discussions. Thanks to all who unknowingly were a great help in Lark's construction.

post-1223-0-25126800-1342016009_thumb.jpg post-1223-0-14291200-1342016002_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Oyster! I used stich and tape (the plans also give an option for ply on frame). The hull is 6 mm meranti, transom is 3/4 inch birch and centerboard case 9 mm meranti. I used yellow pine for frames, seats, floorboards, etc. Skeg and coaming are white oak. Masts are solid laminated spruce, and the sprits are just closet rod.