• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chas

chas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:17 AM

After 8 plus months, Lark had her first official sail in Pamlico Sound.

The hull is the Selway-Fisher Chincoteage Skiff. I didn't like the gaff rig that is specified in the plans--It just didn't seem right. I really liked the look of the ketch rig of the Bessie Lee chincoteague skiff, but a custom made set of sails wasn't in the budget.

After some drawing and calculating, I thought the Coresound 17 rig would fit well, and fit my budget! Happily, I was correct!

I haven't posted before this, but lurked in several discussions. Thanks to all who unknowingly were a great help in Lark's construction.

Attached File  540657.jpg   90.42KB   46 downloads Attached File  525919.jpg   50.94KB   45 downloads

#2 Charlie Jones

Charlie Jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationMagnolia Beach Texas, on Matagorda Bay

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

Congratulations. It's always a thrill to see one you built take to the water.
first row, third coast

#3 Oyster

Oyster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:21 AM

Thats a nice looking setup. What method and materials did you use in the building of the hull?
Never take one single breath for granted.

#4 chas

chas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:49 AM

Thanks, Oyster! I used stich and tape (the plans also give an option for ply on frame). The hull is 6 mm meranti, transom is 3/4 inch birch and centerboard case 9 mm meranti. I used yellow pine for frames, seats, floorboards, etc. Skeg and coaming are white oak. Masts are solid laminated spruce, and the sprits are just closet rod.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users