#1 paxtonm

paxtonm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMonterey Bay, CA

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

Sorry, but no pictures yet. But, I have to let you all know that my Vardo and I took our maiden voyage today,and the boat is a winner! I've paddled other boats, but this one is superb. I felt pretty comfortable within a minute or three, and our trip was great. We launched in Elkhorn Slough, a tidal estuary in Monterey Cty. CA. It was overcast, and relatively calm to start, with a westerly on our nose at about 12-15 knots coming back. The boat tracks and turns beautifully! No troubles going wherever I wanted, and it just slides through the water.

I got several compliments, and a couple of questions, but the real stares came when I snatched it up with one hand to carry it around. It comes in at 28 pounds!

The slough is part of the Monterey Marine sanctuary, and it is full of life. We watched sea otters, harbor seals and sea lions up close, along with an astounding amount of bird life.

Jeff, I cannot begin to thank you enough, but if you are ever out in this part of God's creation, please know you have a home with us.

#2 Kudzu

Kudzu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:28 AM

Glad to hear it. I have always liked the way VARDO paddled too. So far everyone has really liked that boat.

NOW GET THOSE PHOTOS!
Jeff
Kudzu Craft SOF kayaks
www.kudzucraft.com

#3 P Douglass (WA)

P Douglass (WA)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts
  • LocationBenton City, WA

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:14 AM

Yes, Congratulations! Pretty exciting to get your own made boat in the water. Can't wait to see pictures.
P Douglass
1st build - Curlew

#4 woodman

woodman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:09 AM

That would be an assume place to paddle ...congratulations....

#5 ricknriver

ricknriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationWashington NC

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

Congrats! Great to hear you like the way she runs, and weight came in so light. Hope to start a Vardo next couple of months and maybe a paddling buddy too. R

Down sizing to a ~12' utility
Assorted old paddle/sail/power small craft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users