Malwarebytes Endpoint Security
Advanced endpoint protection (affiliate link).
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kudzu

Any uses for short pieces of fabric?

16 posts in this topic

Anyone have an ideas for a use for the scrap Dacron? I always have a short piece on the end the roll less than 12' that I can't sell. Plus scraps from building the boats. I just hate putting it in the landfill but I can't come up with a a use for it. I could cut up some samples but I would still have a lot left and I just hate waste.

Make scale models for displaying at events/fairs/etc. 12' kayak make into ~12" kayak? so people can get a feel for various models.

Great idea and nice looking lamps.....how about a kayak wall sculpture-lamp...

As for left over 12' pcs. at the end of a roll the 10' childrens kayak is the answer...

Still smilin', great job! I was just thinking about posting about other uses for fiberglass tape and epoxy since I bought way more tape than I will use. Can you provide any construction tips/details? Did you just build the frame and then glass over it?

Regards, Justin

I used scrap for the deck of my Grandson's 12footer...Just had seams on each side of the cockpit ring.... and I stapled the fabric at the sheer line being I used 1/8'' Baltic Birch for the hull.....

post-2067-0-40843900-1349121147_thumb.jpg