Clamping Tips for Newbies

P Doug (WA)

Here are a couple things I have come up with to help clamping in tight spaces with C-clamps. Probably not new but they are helpful for me so I thought I might pass them along. One is I put some "O" rings on my clamp handles. The can or slid in place on each side of the handle to hold it centered in the screw part so the clamp can be tightened when it is between clamps. Just makes it easier for me instead of having the handle sliding to one end all the time. The other, I made some blocks than I can slide on the end of the screw in part so it well stay in place as I tighten the clamp. Just drilled a hole in each block. Helps when you don't have three hands to hold things in place and screw the clamp at the same time. It also makes it so the handle to screw the clamp with is sticking out farther than the clamp next to it so it is easier to screw the clam down. The blocks also distribute the hold pressure over a larger area.

Okay, not much but I find these things make clamping a little easier.

post-19-0-57059000-1337535974_thumb.jpg