Making My Second Coaming

P Doug (WA)

:lol::D:wacko:B) What a mess I've made using epoxy! I think I even have epoxy on the ceiling!! Epoxy everywhere!! Me and epoxy should not be in the same room! I thought I was going to destroy the coaming trying to get the clamped un-stuck to the coaming! But I think I well recover. :rolleyes:

Epoxy has it's place and it aint on the ceiling "it is great stuff" Have gone through gallons of it...But tight bond 3 is good it sets up quicker also...

:lol::D:wacko:B) What a mess I've made using epoxy! I think I even have epoxy on the ceiling!! Epoxy everywhere!! Me and epoxy should not be in the same room! I thought I was going to destroy the coaming trying to get the clamped un-stuck to the coaming! But I think I well recover. :rolleyes:

You will get neater when you smear epoxy on your glasses. Don't ask me how I know. The good news is that epoxy won't stick to the lens. Comes off with just a gentle scratching with a fingernail. Working clean is the first epoxy skill.

The coaming is getting there. This is with a coat of epoxy on it to fill is a couple minor gaps I ended up with. I rounded over the rim on this one as apposed to flat like I did on the first one. I glued each lap on the lip about 1/16" lower that the preceding one and then used my spokeshave and sand paper to smooth it down to a nice round. I like it better than my first one.

post-19-0-13226200-1337710466_thumb.jpg

• Like 1