Boat Covers Out There?

if your masts are aluminum go for it. If wood - no. Best cover is canvas or some other breathable fabric - no blue/silver/brown/green tarps or poly. No it is a good idea to roll the trailer boat combo over a plastic tarp to keep ground moisture from creeping all over the rig.

Joe, I made a boat cover for RedBeard with an old Singer -all metal- sawing machine with zigzag. Used Sunbrella fabric. It was my second sewing project and has served me well over the years. It was work but it is doable. I notice that after you build a boat you kind of feel that you can do anything. Boat cover? no prob! Fusion reactor for the dog house? - may have to do some web search on that one -that kind of feeling- you know what I mean? Good luck

post-424-0-23823800-1333889317_thumb.jpg

post-424-0-69953800-1333889341_thumb.jpg

For my Weekender, I used a large car cover. They are cheap ... about $40 at the time at Costco ... and are made of a breathable fabric that never stuck to the latex paint I used. They lasted about three years. PeterP's solution would be much longer lasting, and you could really make it fit well if you sew.

Well fitting boat cover will pay for itself in gas savings alone. I had to pull my cover-less Spindrift 10 last weekend and just could not get the slip stream right under 65MPH. At 55 it towed like a cow making me wish I had flipped the boat upside down. So it was go slow and take forever or go fast - save money on gas and spend it on a ticket. PeterP