Question for Jeff, or Anyone

P Doug (WA)

I try to, but all my bags are leaking right now so on my list of things to do it make new ones. If you swamp a boat without them it will probably still float fairly well. But then you have a HUGE and I mean HUGE amount of water to deal with getting out, even on a small boat. If it gets a lot of water in it there is not chance of getting back in and staying upright. So I do highly recommend float bags since you do not have and sealed chambers.

I don't see why popcorn wouldn't work as long as the bag stayed together. I just wouldn't trust a flimsy plastic bag. I would want them in something that wouldn't tear open easily.

I am going to use heat sealing nylon on my new ones. It's sort of pricey but I suspect it will hold up a lot better than the vinyl has.

I was considering carving a block of foam that fit loosely into the foreward and after spaces between frames such that it was loose but could not exit the space after the kayak was skinned. I thought of this brilliant idea after finishing both of my kayaks. You can buy pairs of flotation bags that fill from tubes after being placed in the kayak. I am considering this but have no opinion or evaluation to offer yet.