Dark Hull Colors?

jit50

Reason #1 - black gets HOT. Possibly hot enough to soften epoxy undercoat.

Reason #2 - Unless you prefer stealth mode (drug running or the like) black is hard to see at night or in waning light. *crash*

Reason #3 - black is a PITA to keep clean looking.

Reason #4 - If your hull is not absolutely, positively 100% perfectly faired every single wookie will show with black paint.

Like Tom in the above post I painted parts of my runabout black when I was a dumb kid (12 years old). The paint blistered which made scraping it off short work since prior to paint blistering it had blistered my butt when I sat on a black painted part.

Man up and paint it pink . . .

My Trimaran, Traveler, is a very dark green, as are my two Birder Kayaks. So far they haven't done badly- BUT- as Hokeyhydro points out in his point #4- that hull better be flawless.

Personally I like matte or semi gloss white for hulls. But then I'm an old guy and hulls were done like that as I was growing up-grin

Personally I like matte or semi gloss white for hulls. But then I'm an old guy and hulls were done like that as I was growing up-grin

Me too, and for pretty much the same reason, though I am not as old as Charlie ;)

hokyhydero's list contains 4 good reasons.

I like white hulls, accent(s) of your favorite darkish color and lots of bright work. This will never go out of style.