ravenswood computer drawings

gad

This question is for the designer of ravenswood: I have been considering building a ravenswood but as I studied the drawings on the web page they appear to be badly out of scale. The length is approx 15' but the beam is way off as is the depth of the boat. Is there web page that has the correct drawings? GAD

I can't speak for others, though I know several that do. I often "distort" my posted drawings to prevent theft. I usually make it much less obvious, such as uing different station spacing from plan to body drawings, which will usually confuse the hell out of someone attempting to enlarge it and use as lines plans. I'll also change the scale slightly from profile to body or body to plan, which again makes it very difficult to enlarge, redraw or loft from the posted drawing, without detracting from the esence of the design's shapes.

I am not trying to steal your design! The lines of the kayak I build are important in the selection process and the destortions in the drawings make the ravenswood look like a 19 ' 18 inch beam greenland which this is not. I have already scaled the plan view and side view and the results are a rather fat clumsy design. Enough said. No need to reply. Gad.

It's not that I don't trust you, I don't trust anyone. I realize most people are honest but the problem is I can't tell the difference and fairly regularly I get someone trying to get something for free so I have to keep my guard up.

I don't have any good photos of a Ravenswood unfortunately. But here is one that Leigh over at Unicorn kayaks built. http://www.unicornkayaks.com/ravenswood.html

I have had my work stolen and know of several others that have as well. It's not that we wouldn't trust you, but that as a precausion to future attempts, I (and it appears Kudzu as well) intentional distort images posted on line. Study plans are a way of getting a good look at a perticular design, as would be a call or email to the designer themselves.