Homemade 11'6" sailboat with trailer

pyorgosp

I am building a new boat (see "new design, 15' cat ketch" thread in the Design Forum) and I am offering the old one and its trailer to a good home. The boat is a heavily modified Siren (from Clarkcraft.com) with a batwing sliding gunter rig and no jib, with large buoyancy compartments. Very nice sail and oar boat (homemade oars included), quite zippy especially on a beam reach. Lots of interesting old-time details (eye-splices, wooden toggles, jiffy reefing line, etc.). The trailer is a 12' EZ-Loader galvanized steel affair: it's in fine shape with full set of working lights, etc.

Asking price is $700 for boat AND trailer.

Location is NW Ohio.

boat1.jpg

• 3 months later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks Chris, I had forgotten how close you are. There is no rot and the sail is fine, if unconventional (batwing, sliding gunter). All rigging is in good shape but the mast needs a little epoxy work. I'd be thrilled to have a fellow enthusiast give this little boat a home! I'll send you a private message if I can. I'm away this weekend but plenty of time after that.

Thanks Chris, I had forgotten how close you are. There is no rot and the sail is fine, if unconventional (batwing, sliding gunter). All rigging is in good shape but the mast needs a little epoxy work. I'd be thrilled to have a fellow enthusiast give this little boat a home! I'll send you a private message if I can. I'm away this weekend but plenty of time after that.

Send me mail to christopher period obee care of yahoo.com