Spacer Blocks.......Gauge blocks?????

bobeastman

Instructions say to put gauge blocks under the keel stringer and this will determine the shape of the keel (rocker) as well as where the frames will screw to the brackets. There are no measurements for how tall these gauge blocks should be. In the addenda for the Ravenswood it says no spacer blocks are needed???? The height of the spacer blocks at the bracket location is crossed out. I'm assuming spacer blocks are the same thing as gauge blocks???? I assume that the spacers that are drawn on the plan are the 2 small squarish brackets that you make 2 each of for a total of 4 brackets (Maybe I'm misunderstanding the terminology). If the keel fits down into the slot of each of these, then there is no rocker at all for the length of the boat as the slots are at the same height on both brackets. Anyhow I'm a bit confused about this????

You should be confused too. Long story but the wrong brackets ended up on the set of plans when they were redrawn. If you have cut yours out just use spacers to get the correct heights. If you have not cut them you can cut the slots to the same heights as the spacers. Either one will work just fine.

Frames 1' 0" and 13' 6" need spacers 5 3/4" tall.

Frames 4' 4 1/2" and 10' 6" spacers are 4 3/8" tall.

Sorry about that but really glad you caught it.